Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Get to know Grimace


As we are basically dead these past couple of days at the bank, we find ourselves with nothing to do, and with that of course nothing's more hard than pretending to be busy when you're really not! : ) And today all of a sudden I brought up this conversation about Mc Donald's and on how their mascots are totally not "kid-friendly". Just like Hamburglar, he's wearing somewhat like a prison outfit right? And then I asked them about Grimace... Growing up in Manila, I tried to explain to them that we have our own number 1 fast food chain called JOLLIBEE.. And I've always wondered what's a Grimace?? To be honest I thought it's like a grape so it probably represents grape juice!! hahahaha.. Each of us have different ideas but none matches on what we found out on what in the world is Grimace?? So here's what we found on the net:
  • Grimace is a large, anthropomorphic tastebud with short arms and legs; he is known for his slow-witted demeanor. His most common expression is the word "duh". Originally, Grimace was the "Evil Grimace", with two pairs of arms with which to steal milkshakes. After that first campaign, the character was revised to be one of the "good guys", and his number of arms was reduced by two. Commercials and merchandise generally portrayed him as a well-meaning simpleton, whose clumsy antics provided a comic foil to Ronald McDonald. The character was retained after the streamlining of the characters in the '80s. ** from wikipedia**
Wow, so what?? he's a TASTEBUD?? hahaha.. He's been associated with milkshakes whom he's fond of stealing.. We cannot help but laugh the whole time and I promised them that I'll post it on my blog.. After that I shared with them our own Jollibee and I was so surprised that their official website is pretty good.. I was kinda scared first because sometimes some companies in the Philippines really don't have a nice website. And of course they find Jollibee the mascot to be so cute, they were browsing about the menu and I had to kind of explain it to them, especially the Palabok Fiesta and I guess they do have a Tuna Pie in the menu now..

So yeah, with this not so good economy right now here in the US, this is how we spend a day at work.. Random questions some senseless, some funny and some serious as well..

Excess: On Jollibee's website it says that a store will open here in Stockton in Winter 2008!!! Woohoo!! It's about time!! More about this next time were bored at work! : )



0 comments: