Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Where's my Money..

I just cannot believe this... Payday was last Friday and I'm pretty excited since I felt like I've been running short on cash since my shopping spree last month. So I checked my account balance and started to budget my money. I have been pretty much independent since I got a job. I pay my own bills, my share of the rent, I buy things I wanted from my own money. So from what I have last friday I have to take out a couple of bucks for some expenses.. And I was so surprised!! After writing checks for my phone bill, two credit cards (yeah, I know not a good thing!), and of course I have to send money back home.. All that's left on my account is roughly around $200!!! What!!!!! What in the hell just happened?! Where is my money??! And I am saying that was left on my account, not just from my pay. And I've got to say, I do get paid a pretty substantial amount.. Ugh! I was so furious! I have been thinking of at least buying something for myself as a Christmas gift, something a little bit expensive, but I think that will have to wait. (Although I did get a new pair of Michael Kors shoes on sale!) Does that mean that in a span of 2-3 days my money's already gone?!

So what I did after realizing how I have been spending my money, I dig up a couple of past month;s bank statements and to my amazement.. I was right! Definitely! I have been spending as much as I am earning... My debits match up my credits, sometimes even more! So being an accountancy graduate, I'll say that its just always break-even, which is not good! I have to make so changes or else I'll wind up broke!

Here's the plan I've come up with:

1. For my next pay this month, I will only spend for bills I have to pay.
2. I'll ask my sister that we need to stop browsing at online stores!! Please!
3. I will TRY not to shop and just save money from January to March! Let me just clarify this one, maybe I'll just take cash with me.
4. In connection with number 3, every Friday I will lock up all my plastics ( my debit and credit cards) inside my safe deposit box at the bank! Great idea!! Hahaha
5. I have to tell my sister that if she wanted something for Joaquin, she has to tell mom because I AM NOT BUYING!!! Nah, maybe one shirt at a time!

This has to work, I have to save money since I am planning to go back to Manila next May for my vacation.. And oh no, I am not going back broke! This is a major challenge for me! I probably have to strap myself to the couch on weekends, just so that I won't hit the malls. I guess its time for me to save..

0 comments: