Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, November 3, 2007

For A True Friend that I miss so much..

My last pic with Mia: April 2007 with her baby girl, Bea.

(i guess by far this is the hardest post i have to make.. i already had this on my multiply site, but still nothing can make this easier.. sorry if its a bit late, i started the draft three days ago but never seem to finish it. but i owe you this one Ya, since I can't be there to visit you.)

When I was in Manila, we always celebrate All Saint's and All Soul's Day, remembering the people we love and lost. I remember getting up in the morning every first of November to go to the cemetery. We will spend the whole day, everyone's present and then we say a prayer.

Last May, I've lost a friend whom I loved so dearly and losing here so sudden really caught me by surprise. Nobody said that it will be easier, but we never thought it will be this hard as well. I guess it's just the spirit of Holiday Season kicking in, that we realized that things will never be the same for us. We will never get to spend a day with Mia again. And going back next year for my vacation, our usual dinner will never be the same. It may take longer to finally be over the grief, the sorrow and the pain. But I know that when the time comes that we can finally move on and finally accepted the fact that you're gone, you will not here any cries of sorrow from us anymore.. It will be all laughs and tears of joy.. Reminiscing all the memories we've had in the past seven years of our friendship..

A couple of days after losing her, I always play this song because it basically say everything I wanted to tell her, but never got a chance to..



MISSING YOU
by Brandy w/ Tamia, Gladys Knight, and Chaka Khan

CHORUS
Though I'm missing you(Although I'm missing you)
I'll find a way to get through(I'll find a way to get through)
Living without you'
Cause you were my sister, my strength, and my pride
Only God may know why, still i will get by
Verse:
Who would have known that you had to go
So suddenly, so fast
And how could it be, all the sweet memories
Would be all, all that we'd have left
Now that you're gone, everyday I go on(I go on)
But life's just not the same.(life's just not the same baby)
I'm so empty inside , and my tears I can't hide
But I'll try, I'll try to face the pain

(Chorus)

Verse:
Oh, there were so many things
That we could have shared(uh-huh)
If time was on our side(Time was on our side)
Ooh,yeah
Now that you're gone, I can still feel you near
So I'll smile with every tear I cry

Chorus
Bridge:
How sweet, were the closest of friends.
But I'll wait for the day,
When I'll see you again,
I'll see you again

I'm missing you....


** For those times that I feel how unfair and hard life can be.. for those moments that i don't even want to fight back and get up after every fall. I promise you this Ya, if a day comes (and lately it does) that i feel like i can't keep up on what's life been throwing at me, I'll still get up every morning, give my best shot and live my life to the fullest.. at least if not for me.. I'll be doing it for you.. because i know that given the chance that i still have in life, you wouldn't waste any second of it.. your going to make sure that everything will turn out best for you and your family.. We still miss you terribly Mia, your smiles, your loud laughs, you always shoving me everytime we see something funny while walking, your forever stories about your favorite teleseryes, our out of nowhere road trips because were bored, I miss just about everything..But I know that we'll see each other again.. when that time comes, it's as if you never left... I LOVE YOU GIRL!!

2 comments:

Sophiagurl said...

that was a lovely post for your friend. I am sure she cherished you too. =)

the ULTIMATE SHOPPER said...

thanks sophiagurl! yep it was hard but tryin to get by..