Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hair Talk Part II.. 1.1

At present I am using Burt's Bees Hair Products. For what reason? I really don't know.. The thing is they're known to have all naturals on their products so I thought I might as well just go back to basics, no fuzz and buzz and no chemicals.. Plus the scent when I opened up the shampoo bottle was really good.

I am using the Burt's Bees More Moisture Raspberry & Brazil Nut Shampoo. And according to the label its 98.12 % natural. Here's what the back of the bottle says, and I quote :

"This wonderfully natural formula starts with Coconut and Sunflower oils to create a cleansing complex that is one of the effective, gentle, and richly foaming available. Raspberry extract, rich in fatty acids such as Omega-3 combine with Hone, a natural humectant, to intensely moisturize. Brazil Nut oil and Wheat Protein nourish and hydrate, leaving even the most dry, damaged hair naturally soft, silky and beautiful.."

My Experience: I guess the last phrase was what convinced me to try it! But honestly I find it weird using the shampoo. As I massage it to my hair and scalp, it doesn't give you that soft, silky feeling. I guess it was trying to let me feel my real hair. It felt so stiff, I could feel the dryness and its hard to massage because its not foamy enough. It doesn't create that much foam when I massaged it to my hair and even after I rinse it, my hair is all tangled up just like how it feels after rinsing hair from a hair dye. But I really does smell raspberry while using it, smells so good! and it really stays the whole day.

Price & Availability: the 12 fl. oz (354ml) is $ 8.00, you can buy it at Target, Walgreens and other drugstores.

The Verdict: I give it a 2.5 out of 5 since the "lathering effect" is lacking.


1 comments:

Dorxie said...

i say the lack of lathering effect comes from the use of all natural components! haha