Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Second Job for me!!

When I got back from my vacation last May, I realized how broke I am... AGAIN!!! One of my friends at work is working part-time at the Stockton Arena.. When she said they might need a couple of new people, for whatever reason I wanted to try for it. So during my lunch time, I went there with two more people from the bank to fill out application. I know that its almost a guaranteed slot but of course we still have to go through drug testing and background check. Too bad the other two backed out..

So TODAY... I received a voicemail from the sports manager asking me if I wanted to work this Friday!!!! Hell yeah! I'm so excited especially because this Friday the event is Gary V's concer together with Martin Nievera and other guests!! I was able to secure tickets for my mom and dad for the concert since our bank has its own suite (or they call it a box I think?!). Really didn't have plan to watch it but I heard also that Alllan Pineda from Black Eyed Peas will be there.. So if I can start work this friday.. That means I can take a glimpse of the concert. I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I know people were asking me why I wanted to have a second job.. It might be tough since sometimes I have to work, right after my job at the bank and sometimes depending on the event, I won't be able to go home until 12 am. But hey, its something I have to try. The work itself is not hard, I'll be counting the sales from the concession stand and souvenir store.. I've been counting money since I first step foot at the back so its not really a big difference.. I just want to experience having a second job. There's really nothing to do here when I get home from work.. No new TV shows to watch as well. I'm given the opportunity so might as well grab it.. Right?!?

and besides... A girl's gotta shop.... right?!? : )

0 comments: