Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, February 10, 2008

So Proud of Me..

shopping sale


I am just so happy on how I can see improvements on myself by how I handled my money. Woohoo!! I still do shop, but now I've learned to shop in moderation rather than my usual compulsive buying practice. With the U.S. economy struggling lately, most stores find themselves in such a position where they have to encourage customers to spend more.. Thus came to ultimate SALE!! Every single store I've been to since last November have been slashing down their prices just to attract customers. This is economics at work.. haha. So maybe I chose the wrong time to stop shopping, I mean I really can't. That's when I challenge myself to just spend a $ 100 every weekend for shopping.

It was hard at first but yesterday while at the mall with my mom and dad (who were basically scouring every racks at Old Navy) I realized that I only have four items with me. Old Navy where having a 40 % sale on all kids and babies apparel so I grabbed some for my niece and nephew. But this time around I think first if I need to buy it ASAP or if it can wait since the sale will be up until the Feb 21. I only spent a little over $ 30 and was able to buy 3 shirts, a palid shorts and a pair of jeans!! Is this really me?!? Then I went to one locally owned shop to buy some tops for work and I bought 2 tops for only $ 19.00!! I am not joking.. I got a black "almost" off-shoulder sweater, I really don't know how to describe it, and a red turtleneck sweater on sale for only $ 6.00!! Told you I'm improving. So I'm still on my budget so I decided to buy 2 dvds since I started collecting some classic and foreign films.

And here's where I saw the major improvement: Every week since last December I am waiting for Hollister to open up their store here, I would always check and yesterday it was already open!! Hollister stores are set-up to have that relaxed, "surf" attitude. It was so dark inside, and I mean really dark, they only have small dimmed lights spotlights by their clothes and then loud music and the whole store look like a maze for me. I was wondering if I'm gonna be able to find the exit, since the store was divided into two sides with couches and posts in the middle, it was just so confusing when you get in the first time. I checked the inside just out of curiosity and honestly, the shopaholic in me would probably have gone out of the store with a big paper bag but nope.. I didn't buy anything.. Figured I really can't see anything inside.. Hehe.. Nope I'll just wait for next week for my $ 100 limit.

I am really so how that now I was able to control my spending. That way I can save money for my trip to Manila.. Where I really plan to shop! Hahaha. I was just wondering on how long will I be able to keep up with this. But they said that if you something for more than seven times consecutively it will become a habit. Then maybe saving can become my habit?!?

0 comments: