Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Ready for the Super Bowl ???

Super Bowl XLII - white

One of the most anticipated, if not THE anticipated sport event in American history, SuperBowl XLII is just two and a half hours from happening. So what's the big buzz regarding this? Super Bowl Sunday has always been somewhat like a holiday, the most amount of pizzas, beers, chipsand barbecues are consumed on this day. So its like an unofficial Junkfood Day. This year's event will be held at Arizona, and to my surprise as I turn on the TV this morning, news of course are mainly about it, and sadly right now I am watching a pre-show special with matching a "red carpet" interview hosted by Ryan Seacrest since celebs also come to watch it.

So what's the big hype regarding the Super Bowl? Its probably like how we get crazy during the a PBA championship game. Football is such the most popular sport here in the US. I've joined a couple of football pools we had at work. It's like the "ending" we have on basketballs. You pick a square and when all squares are filled and everybody paid, numbers from 0-9 (i think?) will be picked and assigned. I hope I win! Too bad I forgot my copies of the pool at my desk!

Wonder how I'm gonna spend this day? Since I really don't get the whole premise of football, and probably there's not else good to watch, I am thinking of doing something else.. Hmmm.. What about shopping?! Yehey! Still thinking though since weather has really been so bad these days and looking right now at my window, winds are blowing real hard. The only things I watched during the entire I believe 3-4 hour show will be the commercials, since really big companies paid big bucks for slots for a Super Bowl commercial and most of them are real good and funny. And of course there's the Super Bowl Halftime (where the infamous Janet Jackson wardrobe "malfunction" happened) but after that incident there's really nothing "that" exciting happened on a halftime. I think they've been much more careful about it. You'll be surprised on how Super Bowl affects a lot of aspects be in entertainment, food, business. It's more than just a sports event! It really is an unofficial holiday!

I guess I'll just have to wait and see, maybe I'll watch it. Buy myself some tortilla chips and make some bean dip, then wait for the Super Bowl commercials.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want some extra cash, got a bad credit record and don't have any asset to keep as security then you may wonder which lender to contact. In this situation you can think of unsecured loans available to bad creditors. The lender providing these loans does not check your credit history and also don't ask you to keep any security. You are also free to use the loan amount according to your wish as you can go for a holiday trip, home improvement or purchase a new car. The lenders don't worry how you use these loans; they are only concerned with timely repayment and interest rate.For more information log on http://www.unsecuredloansuk.org.uk