Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Save the Date


RockYou FXText

No..No I am not getting married! I am asking my friends and family to save this date since.. I AM COMING BACK HOME.. Again!! Woohoo!! I just cannot wait, although its just the usual 10 days vacation that I have from work. As how my sisters call it, napadaan lang uli ako. I was there last April for Joaquin's first birthday, the year before that I was there March for my grandma's burial. See the trend?? March, then April and now comes May.. At my work, it is so hard to really file for vacation, since we are a big department so filing for vacation is based on seniority, and guess what, I am eleventh on the list! My style always works though, super early on, I try to make parinig na with my co-workers that I will be going home that way they will ask me what month I wanted to go. They didn't have any problems with it since I always have pasalubong for them..

I really tried to get extra days off even without pay, which is also another pahirapan. I have asked for two favors (well I guess it was actually three!) : if I can leave on a Thursday, May 1 since I wanted to be in Manila by Saturday May 3 with time differences you basically feel like you lose a day; then I asked to have a couple of days w/o pay which in my mind is 5 days, but since auditors will be there on May 19, I can't take 5 days, although she did agree for 2 days. I guess that's ok rather than nothing! And apparently the "3rd" favor is I am leaving on the first of the month, which is basically a busy time for us. I have reports that I need to do every first of the month, so basically with me gone I have to train and probably "inconvenient" another person.

When I was waiting for the final approval of my vacation last Wednesday, I guess that's the longest 10 seconds of my life! Although some of them were already saying that I'm going to have it, still I am not sure till its final. One of my co-worker asked me what I'm gonna do if my boss would have said no.. And here's my answer: I'll probably just quit, I need to get my sanity back and see my family. I can afford to lose this one! Haha.. Taray di ba?!

1 comments:

complicated girl said...

hahahahaha..i so can relate..working in a call center,mhirap mg.file ng.leave dito...