Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Smarty ME...

For whatever reason, my sis was locked out of my internet banking. An unusual security question pop up and she don't know the answer, Me too!! So I already had her user reset but when she tried it this morning the same message appeared and I was so frustrated that I tried it myself.. And to my surprise the question was : What was the nickname you gave to you favorite grandparent? and I was thinking, I never set up this security question and I don't know the answer myself! So I told my sister that I'll just view her account using my user name and sadly the same security question appeared!! What a way to start the morning.. I need to view my own balances since I MIGHT do some last minute shopping today!

So here's what I did.. I log off then waited for a few minutes then log back in again to my bank's website. Good thing this time around it didn't gave me the weird security question so I was able to log in on my awn account. And since my sis' "account" (she uses it for her paid blogging!) is really my account I was able to view hers. And so thank God that the Smarty in Me was awake at that moment. I have to tell you, I do work at this bank, but not really at online banking although I do know bits and pieces since I tend to trouble shoot if we have problems or customer service inquiries..

And at last, I did it on my own! And I really hoped it would work. I deleted my sister's old userID and just sign her up on a new one and in which she can only view her account! Hahaha! You won't see mine, Ate! I hope when she tries it, all will be fine. I was telling her that maybe her IP address was traced and of course it is kinda suspicious to access this account when you're on the other site of the world! Our bank invested a lot to prevent identity theft and internet security. Oh and FYI, I didn't even call our customer service access to help me through the whole process, I figure it out myself! When I was done I was laughing at myself because I can't believe I did it!

Oh Smarty Me... I think being smart is more of a curse rather than a gift!!

0 comments: