Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dentist Day

Today I decided to go to the dentist since I haven't really used my coverage yet from this year. What a waste if I'm not gonna be able to use it since I'm paying for it! Mind you I am not really big on going to dentists and doctors plus I find it hard to find a schedule that will be fine with my work. Its just that I don't want to inconvenience other people if I have to go. The last time I was there the dentist (which is a Filipina by the way) said that we need to do some fillings since I already have a couple of cavities. And I don't have anybody to blame, the last time I went to her was April 2006 for a root canal, and then I came back October 2007 for a check up! I believe the proper thing was to visit your dentist every 6 months..

So I had my appointment for today set up at 11 am and I have to be honest, if I hadn't also eaten a lot these last couple of days, I really am planning on not to go. But I can start to feel aches already so I figured its time.. I asked my dentist to go ahead and do whatever they need to do, since this is the only available time for me. And stupid ME, I didn't even ask her at first on what they're going to do, on how many and how long it will take. Not a big fan also of talking and asking questions.. I just always go with the flow..

So it turns out that I have so much that she end up doing 10 yes TEN fillings all at the same time! Fillings or pasta I believe as how its known in the Phils. is something I don't know about. She has to numb, so I had shots, 3 on each four sides! Wow talk about total high!! Hahaha.. I was a bit nervous to be honest and I was there for 2 1/2 hours.

The worst thing is I have to go back to work, eventhough I know it will be fine with my supervisor if I can't go back, the workaholic in me still insist on coming back. Everyone was laughing when I told them what happened. I never even got the chance to eat lunch so I am basically starving!

I guess lesson learned: Never hurt to listen to the words of a TV commercial: "Visit your dentist twice a year... Twice a Year.. Twice a Year!!" Anung commercial nga ba yun?? Colgate?! =)


1 comments:

Detroiter-2K said...

I can definitely relate with your Dentist Day. Recently I had a very similar set of appointments and I felt that I should have asked more questions. Like you I am the trusting type. Did your Dentist use amalgam or composite fillings?