Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Looking Back and Moving Forward

This definitely sounds like a cliche' but I really can't believe the year's almost gone. I remember how excited I was last year to welcome 2007 because of my plans to go home April for Joaquin's birthday. And now here I am again.. Can't wait for 2008 since I do have plans again this time to go home on May for my sis' birthday and town fiesta.

LOOKING BACK... I am so thankful because my family and I have been once again blessed with good health and safety. It might not be all laughs and happiness but I sure do know that God is with me every moment of everyday. Being able to go back and spend 10 days in Manila with my family is definitely one of the the highlights of this year. The promotion I got at work was totally unexpected. More responsibilities which means more work.. Which then also means more pay and the ultimate end: More Shopping!! So it really never bothered me that much. I just felt though that after two years in my job, I am starting to get familiar with some might say "office politics" and I have to say that I am really not liking it. I lost my dear friend Mia this year, and while its still hard for us to accept it, I am thankful that I have my college close friend Ivy with me going through it. But when I look back it was a year same as the year before, I do have my shares of laughter and tears..

MOVING FORWARD.. The new year always brings new hope and I guess there's no other step left to take than to move forward. As I have come to realize my shortcomings and mistakes I have this year, the best I can do is to learn from them and use them to help me become a better person. Yes, that's the thing I wanted to become this 2008: Be a Better Person!

0 comments: