Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, November 10, 2007

talk about (poor) customer service..


I am so pumped up to get up and leave today just according to what I have originally planned. But nah, not gonna happen! Yesterday, we were expecting somebody from LBC to pick up our balikbayan box, since we called them up to say that its ready for pick up. and guess what?! Nobody showed up! My mom called the office several times to verify what time the courier will be here and to my dismay, I cannot believe that they told my mom that she can call the courier personally on his cellphone to ask! WTF!! We waited and waited cancelling our Friday night plans all for just nothing!

Then when my dad came home for lunch, he told me that the courier will come by and pick it up today, but I don't know what time, since lately punctuality and professionalism are not included in the services they offer.. So basically, all my plans of shopping will definitely have to be put aside, guess I have to stay at home and wait for someone that might not even show up!

Am I lashing out on LBC??! Hell yeah!! Considering they're a big corporation known worldwide by Filipinos living abroad, I cannot believe on how things like this can happen. Oh and this is not the first time.. This balikbyan box is the second we have in less than a month, the first one that we shipped out at the end of october wasn't also picked up on the scheduled date. The reason they said was that the van had problems and the driver failed to notify the office and the customers as well. And that one is fine with us, I mean mechanical problems is something way out of our hands but this time around they better come up with a much better excuse! And when my mom called, they have the nerve to tell my mom, that we should understand them this time because they were having problems with the delivery schedule! hello?? Then why did they even set up this pick-up date if they're not gonna be able to accomodate us?! They could have said right then and there, that the date we chose for pick up is not available since they are shorthanded in their staff right now.

The only reason we choose LBC is because we have to admit that they're known for Filipinos around the world when it comes to remittance and delivery. We've been here for four years and just imagine how many times we have used their services. I mean, we will always get reward points just on remittance alone that is why we get a free shipment of a balikbayan box. And I do know that glitches can happen, and that the offices that they have here in Stockton are not really huge ones, they probably just have a staff of five or six. But still if you are in a service type business, I think you have to make sure that you will be able to accommodate people in a manner where your business will not be an inconvenience to your customer. And this months are the busiest months for shipments and packages, so why not get your schedules straighten up and don't list more that what you can pick up!!
Ugh! I am so frustrated! Definitely do not mess with me especially if it's gonna go in between me and my shopping! I will make sure to convince my mom and dad to find another remittance service and another courier too. Something more efficient with their customer service and more punctual I guess?

0 comments: