Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Guide to Holiday (sale) Shopping


In a couple of days, my favorite day of the year will arrive.. The Friday after Thanksgiving!! this basically kicks off the holiday festivity, with mall hours longer and a lot of new arrivals, one cannot forget this marks the BIGGEST SALE OF THE YEAR!! Though the shopaholic that I am, I don't go that crazy having to camp out outside the store the night before. I shop a lot but I shop with style! Haha.. This is the start of a lot more sales ahead, after Christmas Sale, After New Year's Sale, Winter Sale.. Woohoo!! Heaven for me.. But you see, I did learn my lesson from the previous years that's why I had come up with this tips for holiday shopping.

1. Never shop the week-end before the big sale! That's why I didn't even came close to a mall this weekend. You'll be surprised and probably frustrated seeing the item you got today will be on a 50 % off this Friday. Yeah, it did happened to me. Most (if not all) of the stores will mark down their prices for the whole day. Some will even have their early bird specials.. But that doesn't mead hat you have to join the stampede, people just often join the rush for no apparent reason at all. So wait till the adrenaline rush and the caffeine kick starts to slow down.

2. Make a List! Its because we tend to be compulsive buyers if we are on a big sale, I know I do! That's why I am already making my list. This will keep you on track on what you need to buy. This will enable you to prioritize items that you really need to buy. I remember buying a lot of lotions and body wash at Bath And Body Works last year, that when I got home I end up thinking: what in the hell do I need these for?! Good thing though I can just always send it to my family. But still its not a smart purchase, when I could have used the money I spent on those on something else. So on my list today I really did prioritize. I have always shop for my sisters first, but then this time around, my ME list is on the top! Haha..

3. Dress for the EVENT! Since its a bummer that our bank is still open this day, and practically its the slowest day for us, I am bringing casual clothes with me. That way I could just go ahead and change after work hours and directly hit the malls. Saves time rather than driving back home to change then go to the mall. One should always be comfortable when shopping. Especially when its POWER SHOPPING as I call it. Still bring a jacket, although it might be warm inside the stores, winter weather is already around the corner as well. Wear you favorite comfy footwear, be it flops, tennis shoes or flats. Whatever can get you run fast just in case you need it! Bring a purse that will not be a hazard for you.. Hazard or inconvenience.. I probably won't bring my big work purse bag, since I don't think I'm gonna need my hair brush, toothbrush or make up for shopping. I always bring my Coach Swingpack when shopping or I think some call them a body bag. The only two things that fit in there: my phone and my wallet. That's all I need.

Ok some more tips coming up.. I just need to take a break since typing this gives me anxiety attacks!! Haha.. Shop on!

0 comments: