Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Saturday, March 8, 2008

A week of being Sick

Thank goodness that after a week of being sick, I started to feel better last Thursday. Hay, ang hirap kapag maysakit no! It started two Fridays ago when while chatting with my niece I suddenly felt that my throat huts so much and its hard to swallow. Then last weekend all I did was lay in bed which totally ruins all my shopping plans! I am trying to keep a schedule since I'm planning to have all my pasalubongs shipped ahead of my trip. I don't have any plans on bringing a huge balikbayan box with me in May! I am so sick that I can't even eat and I really felt so weak. So cough and colds really kept me up the whole night.

The thing is, I even showed up to work Monday since the first week of the month is such a busy time for us, and one of my co-workers is on vacation for two weeks and I have to do his job! Hay, imagine me those days... It was really hard getting up to go to work every single morning when all your body wanted was to really be in bed. To make matters worst, some of my co-workers also started to get sick. Sneezing and coughing can be heard just everywhere! Hahaha! Pasencya na dahil sa hindi ako mkapag call-in so magdusa tayong lahat!!

So my boss, Robin, came up with the best idea ever. Last Wednesday, she made us some chicken and rice soup and even brought her own crockpot to keep it warm the whole time. It was like "feed the sick day" for us at work. I have some of my co-workers brought some tea, honey and lemon and I have to say that it really worked. I just realized on how they are really such a bunch of workaholics around here. I mean I do know some friends of mine in Manila who would call in sick from work just because they don't want to work that day! And in here, kulang na lang eh may mini clinic kami at lahat pumapasok pa din! I liked it in a way, where it really shows devotion to work and how my co-workers have really treated me so much like my extended family here. But at the same time, I cant' help but think that if I am in Manila I don't think I have to bust my @ss of to go to work every single day and drag myself to go when I am sick..

So right there, take a peek how life is working here.

0 comments: