Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Three-Day (SHOPPING) Weekend

Since I don't have work tomorrow, and got paid last Friday, I figured I can't just lock up myself for three full days at my room especially with great weather this weekend. So yeah, I went ahead and shop.. Yesterday and today!!! Woohoo!! But here's the catch that's why I am so happy. I only took out $ 100 last Friday to spend for the whole weekend. Then I went out to lunch that day, placed $ 5 for our lottery ticket (as if were gonna win the $168M jackpot!), so basically I was left with around $85 to shop. And my cards are still at the safe deposit box. (Although I did have my dad's just in case!) But I cannot believe how far my $85 got me..


I got these on TJ Maxx last Saturday, I was basically thinking of my vacation in May, so most were really for summer already. The striped cover up top was only $ 7, I think my sis would love that. Although I have to say I don't think I can give away the one at the middle since its my best grab that day. Its a DKNY dress for only $19 and the Roxy dress also for the same price!!!

And these are the ones I got today:
I cannot believe how I was able to buy that 2 tops at Macy's for only $ 19.63!! For the both! It turns out the black sequined top which I thought is already a grab for $10 turns out to be only just around $8 and the dress which already is on sale for only $ 12 turned out to be $10!! I am so ecstatic when I found out since I only got only around $ 40 today. Then I was able to grab the brown-strap sandals at Old Navy for only $15! At the end of the day, I was left with $3 and some change.. And was still able to buy my cinnamon pretzel sticks!!

I am so happy to know that my efforts of controlling my shopping are really paying off. I know I have to save money for my trip but I also know that I need to shop or else I'm gonna go crazy around here! Two words: Budget and Compromise!

0 comments: