Pages

Subscribe Twitter

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcome 2008

So again for the "Nth" time I get to spend New Year's Eve in the same boring way I've been spending it for the last years. Boring because its NOTHING, as in zip, nada, zero, compared to how I spent New Year back in Manila.. Besides its freezing cold, so I am pretty much bundled up with layers of clothes, gloves and socks, while I'm just here inside our house. Funny how it was completely different since my cousin in Manila was in shorts! So this year I decided to at least give it a shot do something fun.

My friend at work gave me three small bottles of vodka and one tequila. So before leaving work I got a 7up since I know I am not prepared to get drunk on New Year's Eve so I don't have anything at home to go with my alcohols. Sunday, I went to Target to buy some dvds since that's really my plan.. To bleed my eyes from watching movies all day and night. I got four dvds: three comedies: Knocked Up, Old School and Evan Almighty; and a classic: Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I started my first bottle at around 8pm while watching Knocked Up. I was so surprised on how I was able to finish it in less than an hour. Pretty boring if you're drinking by yourself, made me look like I am an alcoholic or something!! To cut it short, yup I got drunk.. Way before the clock hits 12 am! I cannot believe it! I wasn't up to welcome the New Year! Good thing my aunt called us and I woke up because of it. But I still cannot even stand at least I have my eyes open. And close it again in less than a minute..

What a bummer! I have always welcomed every new year sober, maybe got a few drinks but not asleep. I guess there's always a first time.. And that's how I welcome the new year..


0 comments: